263: HTML Email
Coding like it's 1999 - or is it? We're talking email design and development. What's the tooling stack? What are the crazy things you can do inside HTML email in 2017?
Time Jump Links
- 6:20 Is email still front end dev? Like it's 1999?
- 10:00 What do webkit based clients strip out from HTMl?
- 11:30 Walking through creating a cool design for a client.
- 17:25 Should I start in the Litmus builder or in a code editor?
- 27:18 Chris gets some questions answered about CodePen Spark.
- 28:30 Do we talk about performance in email?
- 32:10 Are pattern libraries a thing in the email world?
- 35:45 Do we still have to inline styles?
- 40:00 What are the toolsets for building crazy stuff inside email?
- 46:50 Is email like the web where someone does something cool and then everyone copies it?
- 48:35 Is email still an important thing? Is it here to stay?
- 52:55 Chris' email template idea for the world.
- Kevin Mandeville on Twitter / Kevin on Dribbble
- Email Design Podcast episode with Chris Coyier
- Camiah.com / Camiah on Patreon
- table tr td on Twitter / tabletrtd on CodePen
- Email on Acid
- Zurb Foundation Emails
- CodePen Spark
- Dan Denny