We're joined by 1/3 of Paravel, Trent Walton, to continue our How to Think Like a Front-End Developer series and talk about his thoughts on what the characteristics of a front-end developer are, caring about performance, and getting back to the grain of the web.
Time Jump Links
- 2:30 Are you a front-end developer Trent?
- 5:00 Are there front-end developers that don't deal with design?
- 6:20 What are the characteristics of a front-end developer?
- 9:00 Can you be a front-end developer and not care about performance?
- 13:00 What's your ideal client and process with that client?
- 21:10 Is your process what you sell?
- 23:50 Sponsored by Sanity.io
- 26:25 Trent: What's the difficult part of the code for front-end developers?
- 36:44 Sponsored by Netlify
- 38:40 Dave: What's the difficult part of the code for front-end developers?
- 44:10 What war would you fight for the web?
- 48:45 Any hiring practices or contractor advice?
- 55:30 Dribbble #1 Food for lovers
- 59:10 Dribbble #2 Socialio
- 1:02:30 Dribbble #3 Sibling
- 1:04:30 Dribbble #4 Finance app
- 1:08:00 Dribbble #5 Festival homepage