324: Quilting Drama Q&A
We're answering your questions about proper autocomplete on websites, node based CMS configs, follow up on line length, retina screens, update security, and some quilting drama.
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 1:00 Summer is hard.
- 9:10 I'm wondering about other people's processes for determining what a customer's needs and objectives are, and how they go about translating that into a website that achieves them.
- 20:10 Sponsored by An Event Apart
- 21:50 Quilting drama
- 25:30 How do you properly set up username, password, bank, etc. fields for LastPass/1Password/etc.
- 40:10 I am looking for some proven, Node based, static site generator plus CMS setup.
- 42:40 Sponsored by Web Unleashed
- 44:00 Do I need to be using line length?
- 50:20 Should I care about retina screens?
- 54:30 Should people be more cautious about updates?