This week is a classic RAPIDFIRE where we get through as many reader questions as we can. No guests, no drama, just all question on answer action. We talk about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- Mental block on normalize.css
- Need a bunch of icons for a site, use a sprite or make a font? (Goldilocks, Baby bear, Mama bear, Papa bear)
- Keeping Twitter Bootstrap up to date in projects. Do you need to? (Dave mentioned diffing with Kalidescope)
- Trello vs. Basecamp vs. ???
- Keeping local and live databases in sync (RAMP)
- Backing up sites, including databases (VaultPress)
- Google Maps with intrinsic aspect ratios, can it be done?
- What to get for legit hosting for $500 a year (MediaTemple (dv), probalby)
- Reselling domains and hosting for clients. A good idea?
- Do non-JS users really exist? Are there stats? (Remy sharp's technique, 2010 data from Yahoo)
- Why aren't data URI's used more often?