It's conference season and we've Una Kravets and Krystal Higgins from An Event Apart Seattle on to talk about how they got into their "things" - the stuff they talk about, why they picked that topic, what to do if other people hop on your thing, and ideas to start giving talks at conferences.
Time Jump Links
- 9:10 Summary of Krystal's talk "Onboarding for Any Situation" talk at An Event Apart Seattle
- 14:10 How did Krystal learn about onboarding and dive in to it?
- 17:20 Can a good app still survive even with bad onboarding?
- 19:10 Dave walks into a bar and signs up for Snapchat.
- 22:01 How do you rate a good or bad onboarding experience?
- 26:30 How do you get invited to talk at conferences?
- 33:40 How does Krystal's involvement with Android Wear relate to on-boarding?
- 35:30 Chris tries on a HTC Vive
- 44:01 What happens if somebody starts treading on your thing?
- 47:40 If too many people have the same thing, does it create too much noise around it?
- 50:50 What if no one is interested in your thing?
- 52:07 3 things to look for in a conference talk.
- 55:05 Chris' low-fi way to test out a talk idea.