319: Hello I’m A Designosaur
We help you avoid becoming a designosaur by answering your questions about learning React, creating a universal header, jQuery vulnerability, implementing pattern libraries, and taking WordPress development seriously.
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 1:10 Topic introduction
- 3:00 Your site's already coughing up JSON data and WordPress' Search utility
- 11:10 Am I becoming a dinosaur or should I just bite the bullet and learn the "React" way?
- 22:30 I have been tasked with creating a Universal Header. Any ideas of good UX patterns I could use, other than my knee-jerk of a skeleton loader?
- 28:49 Apparently jQuery 1.12.4 has a vulnerability making it susceptible to XSS attacks - do you think WordPress should address this problem by shipping with a more secure version?
- 34:10 Sponsored by Jetpack
- 37:50 Any advice on how to help agencies move toward something a little more advanced or sustainable, such as pattern libraries?
- 45:20 Sponsored by LogRocket
- 47:00 Should I take Wordpress development seriously in 2018, maybe just as a CMS for customers, or overall?