It's time for another RAPIDFire episode where we answer your question on things like node modules, web browsers being unable to render webpages, is jQuery essential, annoying pop-ups, and spinning things up on Heroku.
Time Jump Links
- 2:20 I'm wondering how you handle your node-modules folder on a project by project basis?
- 6:30 What are some outside forces that cause web browsers to not render their webpages properly?
- 20:30 Can you talk about the exit intent bounce conversion thing? Is anyone else upset and annoyed by this, or am I alone?
- 28:40 Have you ever used calc before and why was it okay to use then? When is it okay to use? In a general sense, when are most methods that won't look right on older browsers okay to use?
- 36:00 Do you guys have recommendations or exciting ideas that could be the topics of a thesis in these fields?
- 42:44 I have a blog on coding, and I really like the way some blogs (like CSS-Tricks) displays code, as if it were from an IDE. Thoughts on how I go about doing something similar?
- 49:30 I hear a lot about the Heroku service these days in web development, including a lot of dev’s who talk about “spinning up a Heroku instance” for projects. Can you explain what the service is, and what the benefits are to web developers?