090: With Pamela Fox
This week we were joined by Pamela Fox, a web developer and educator currently working at Khan Academy.
Time Jump Links
- 9:30 Big Snow Tiny Conf
- 10:30 Automating Workflow Slide Deck
- 14:54 I'm sold on GIT and have used it locally on my machine. How can I go about deployment without paying for a service?
- 22:20 What is your preferred UI & Backend workflow when developing web apps for clients? Do you use pre-made libraries, or do you developed your own UI & backend?
- 32:07 I'm an ad copywriter looking to make the switch to front-end development. Do you have any tips on finding work that requires less formal experience?
- 37:22 I've recently discovered the magic behind Bootstrap. I'm on Rails 3.2 but can't seem to figure out a good tutorial or method for importing that theme into the asset pipeline, etc. Any advice?
- 46:25 How do you guys approach mobile first and responsive design?