275: History Repeating Itself
We're doing a Q&A episode with just Dave and Chris covering questions about SVG projects, webpack, teaching your kid about CSS, Flash vs JS/CSS, and dividing up CSS stylesheets.
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 2:05 How do you approach an SVG heavy project with graphics and text?
- 16:55 My question is about webpack, can you please give your thoughts about it? I'm trying to understand it
- 19:15 ShopTalk Show Law #271: If it looks useful to you, it probably is.
- 26:46 What ideas can you share with a Dad to help to teach his kid with CSS?
- 37:40 Flash from the past: Is history repeating itself? Have we not learned from the mistakes of our past? Or has JS and CSS animation really improved this method that much?
- 45:00 How do you divide up CSS stylesheets during development?
- Practical SVG
- The Cost of Small Modules
- Wes Bos
- Adobe Ends Flash Support in 2020
- Find the Flash easter egg on Paravelinc