179: RAPIDFIRE 50
This week it's a RAPIDFIRE episode where Chris and Dave answer your questions and Dave has important ideas come to him in the shower. GRABOWSKI!
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 6:53 When using static site generators like Jekyll, what are your solutions/recommendations for processing contact or project quote forms?
- 15:02 I was wondering either of you have any hands-on experience with any of the new HTML5 hybrid mobile app frameworks like Ioninc, Angular Mobile, Framework7, or React/React Native?
- 27:50 Wordpress plugins make my life easier, but I really dislike extra code being injected into my page. Where should I draw the line drawn between utilizing helpful plugins and keeping control of my code?
- 34:00 How do I select or deselect a div in js at mouse click event?
- 38:02 I work as a freelance Front-End Developer and most of my job comes from agencies outsourcing design work that needs to be coded. Is this workflow something that has taken a long time to change or am I just working with some agencies that are staying behind?
- 47:05 How do you guys feel about an ad agency creating and maintaining their own CMS when there are already so many high-quality solutions available?
- 53:08 What is the best way to test your website in different network environments? Here’s what I am doing right now: I found an app called Slowy which seems to simulate crappy mobile connections well enough. What is everybody else doing?
- 57:52 I have been working in the web world for a while now and can’t seem to find a title that fits for me. I guess my question is would web designer be a good title for me? I feel that front-end developer or UI/UX Designer fits me better. In the end do title’s really matter…?