072: With Raquel Velez
Time Jump Links
- 5:30 Why is Node good for robots?
- 14:50 I was wondering if you could talk about what the ideal scenario is to use Node.js over another development stack like Rails or Django. Are there things that Node handles exceptionally better than the other guys? Are there things that Node doesn’t handle as well?
- 31:08 I have a question for you and Raquel. What would be a real world application on a small scale that you would build from Node.js, ember.js, or backbone.js?
- 40:40 Where do you get inspiration for tackling robot/complex projects with nodeJS? do you always start with a clearly defined problem, or do you explore with code?
- 49:40 I recently started working for a company as a front-end developer using Node. Personally, I love development work and my first programming language was PHP (With LESS and jQuery). What other libraries and languages would you recommend to help me move forward in my career, that aren’t just trendy but are expected to be around for awhile?
- 56:15 What should I do to practice my web coding and design over the summer?
- PatternLab from Brad Frost
- Rod Smith’s Data URI Amazing Conversion Site