288: Jet Lag Edition
Jetlag edition of ShopTalk Show answering your questions about remote working, caching for offline use with service workers, life using and maintaining NPM modules, and monitor switching hardware. #airportmagazinetalk
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 2:40 Airpline travel magazine reviews
- 3:40 Working from home & remote working: How do you prevent the cabin fever from settling in? How do you not go stir crazy?
- 10:40 What should you cache for offline use when using Service Workers? How much can we cache? Where is the limit? Why not cache everything?
- 28:30 I use a flavor of Bootstrap that I pulled in from NPM and compile using SASS. Do you have any recommendations as to how I can back up my project so that the changes I've mangled, er-um made, can be preserved?
- 42:50 Once I am done with my day job work, I like to switch to my own MacBook Pro so I can work on side projects, watch movies and do other personal things. Do you guys know of good way to switch between the two or use both at the same time?