Jessica IvinsWeb // Twitter
Jessica is a user experience (UX) designer and faculty member at Center Centre, the UX design school in Chattanooga, TN, where she prepares students to be industry-ready designers. She publishes UX articles on her blog and on Medium, and she speaks at conferences and local events about design.
Jessica Ivins is our guest to talk about her work at Center Centre, a user experience design school, and how students are learning to be the next generation of UX designers. We also discuss self-learning, accessibility concerns, website metaphors, and how to prep for applying at a school like Center Centre.
Discover.bot – a digital space for bot developers and enthusiasts of all skill levels to learn from one another, share stories, and move the bot conversation forward. Want to learn more about building bots? Get started with their Guide to Bot Building Frameworks.
WooCommerce is WordPress plugin that brings eCommerce to your WordPress sites. It's unique in its customizability and flexability. You can use it to sell physical products, digital downloads, memberships, services, and tickets, plus offer customers lots of different ways to pay, including things like Apple Pay and Bitcoin powered by Stripe.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 01:29 What is Center Centre?
- 03:30 How is Center Centre accredited?
- 05:44 What's an example project like?
- 07:27 What kind of students qualify?
- 11:52 How do you interview possible students?
- 20:53 Sponsor: Discover.bot
- 22:23 How do you spot someone who isn't a self learner?
- 30:01 How do I present myself to get work?
- 43:10 Sponsor: WooCommerce
- 44:15 What is the curriculum?
- 50:02 Accessibility concerns
- 57:59 What can I do to prep for applying at Center Centre?