DigitalOcean offers the simplest, most developer-friendly cloud platform. It’s optimized to make managing and scaling apps easy with an intuitive API, multiple storage options, integrated firewalls, load balancers and more. From predictable pricing to flexible configurations to world-class customer support, you’ll get access to all the infrastructure services you need to grow. Plus - DigitalOcean’s community provides over 2,000 cloud-agnostic tutorials to help you stay up to date the latest open source software, languages, and frameworks. Get started on DigitalOcean for free with a free $100 credit at do.co/shoptalk [dee oh dot see oh slash shoptalk].
This episode of ShopTalk brought to you by something really cool. It’s an alternative to .com, it is the .design domain name. So if you’re a designer and you’ve thought of a sweet name for your website and it isn’t available under .com, check out .design. Chances are the domain name you want is waiting for you. Head to porkbun.com and use the coupon code “SHOPTALK” on the checkout page to get your free .design domain name for your website.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 01:09 Guest introductions
- 02:57 What is PreactJS?
- 07:07 React and classes
- 10:29 Does Preact have hooks?
- 19:56 Sponsor: .Design TLD
- 20:52 How and why are you setting such an agressive bar for Preact perf?
- 25:26 Jason's 3 reasons for the growth of any library
- 32:20 Is writing for a compiler a skill we should have?
- 36:38 Sponsor: Digital Ocean
- 37:46 Is 3kb as a target the modern weight?
- 42:33 Serving Module and NoModule Bundles
- 45:49 Could Webpack help?
- 49:16 Is Module NoModule happening in 2019?
- 51:34 CSS @supports
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.