Dave and Chris chat about the great (or is it?) divide in the front end world of web design and development.
If you can host a site for yourself, a friend, or a client on WordPress.com, you should. Not only is WordPress powerful, flexible and easy to use (to the tune of powering a third of the internet), using WordPress.com means never having to worry about dealing with servers and software yourself.
Techmeme.com is great for returning to several times a day to “find out what you’ve missed” in the world of tech. We’re just taking what Techmeme is good at and distilling it into podcast form. Same news headlines, context and conversation around what happened today in the world of tech. Daily show Monday thru Friday, posting around 5pm eastern.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 01:54 Is there a divide?
- 08:27 What's happening to styling these days?
- 13:19 What's happening in React land?
- 19:16 Hot module reloading
- 27:02 Sponsor: Ride Home from Techmeme.com
- 27:42 Scope Styles or Critical CSS
- 32:54 CSS Modules
- 42:17 What about WordPress?
- 45:46 Sponsor: WordPress.com
- 48:47 What's the entry point into HTML and CSS?
- 56:37 What do people want out of CSS?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.