We're talking performance improvements and we've got Ben Schwarz, creator of Calibre - the web performance monitoring app for teams, on to give some quick tips to improve performance as well as where performance is headed in 2019.
Gumroad helps people do more of what they love. It's super simple e-commerce for all types of digital content creators, including podcasters, musicians, writers, teachers, and more! Over $168,000,000 has been earned by creators using the platform, used to pay for everything from coffee to a kid's college fund.
WooCommerce is WordPress plugin that brings eCommerce to your WordPress sites. It's unique in its customizability and flexability. You can use it to sell physical products, digital downloads, memberships, services, and tickets, plus offer customers lots of different ways to pay, including things like Apple Pay and Bitcoin powered by Stripe.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 00:54 What's Ben been up to since last time?
- 04:30 Supporting projects financially
- 07:28 What is Calibre?
- 11:57 Sweating the details can help your bottom line
- 20:01 Critical Request takeaways
- 22:42 Sponsor: Gumroad
- 24:33 Quick performance tip
- 27:39 Not all performance tips are helping
- 29:02 Q: Loading scripts at the bottom, do you need async tag?
- 30:05 Sponsor: WooCommerce
- 31:42 Is total page weight an issue?
- 34:12 What's Ben Schwarz favorite perf metric?
- 39:09 Why are websites so bad?
- 51:49 Doing little experiments to try and make things a bit better
- 54:31 What's happening in performance in 2019?
- 59:02 How to follow Ben Schwarz online
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.