RAPIDFire except less rapid and more fire this time? We're talking support for @supports, should you do work you don't agree with? Should you use data URLs all the time? How would you spend two grand? Do we need to solve CSS or is it fine the way it is?
One of the frustrating things about being a developer, is dealing with errors. :cry:
- Relying on users to report errors
- Digging thru log files trying to debug issues
- Or a million alerts flooding your inbox ruining your day
Rollbar's full-stack error monitoring, gives you the context, insights and control you need to find and fix bugs faster. Rollbar works with all major languages & frameworks. It's easy to install. Start tracking errors in 8 mins.
❤ by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more.
Go to rollbar.com/shoptalkshow and get the Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days.
CodePen PRO unlocks asset hosting - Need to use an image in a Pen? No more awkwardly finding alternate hosting for it, you can drag-and-drop it right onto CodePen and we'll host it for you.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:10 Dave mouthcodes™ a thing.
- 7:40 Chris tries to not write CSS for a thing.
- 12:15 Is it safe to rely on @supports alone yet for CSS related queries, or should we keep using modernizer for the next few years until more browsers actually support @supports?
- 24:01 Thought: Who took the Judicial branch of the government off of the menu for The White House website?
- 40:00 I just learned the basics of how to create and use data URLs to display images. Why would we still use the old way of displaying images? Are there specific times we wouldn't want to use a data URL instead or any cons to take into account that I haven't learned yet?
- 48:18 What new tech toys would you buy with an extra two grand?
- 58:20 I've recently seen a higher than usual uptick in people trying to 'solve' CSS because of what I've heard to be an inherent 'global scope' problem with CSS itself. How do you guys feel in regards to CSS being such a problem that it warrants the current proposed solutions I've seen in the wild?
- 1:05:10 Dave never backs down from blanket declarations.
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.