This week we were joined by Ethan Marcotte, our chauffeur into the brave new world of responsive web design. We’ve been getting a good amount of questions about RWD, so we’ve saved the best ones up for a special espisode from the man himself. We talk about (roughly in order):
- (4:20) – StyleDocco
- (5:50) – Adobe Shadow
- (7:40) – SenchaTouch 2
- (8:15) – The Non-Breaking Space Show Crossover
- (8:50) – The Industry Podcast
Q & A
- (12:20) – What is responsive design?
- (15:43) – When shouldn’t you use responsive design?
- (24:26) – Using image sprites with responsive design?
- (31:30) – Scaling images in responsive design
- (37:27) – Responsive display advertising
- (44:30) – Making the jQuery plugin DataTables responsive
- Grid systems to help the transition into responsive design
- (49:55) – Is hiding inline images good enough to prevent them from loading?
- (53:40) – Embedded tweets in responsive design
- (56:50) – Masonry style layouts
- Hover – Buy domains without all the annoying cross-selling. Use that link and get 10% off your order.
Note: Dear Audiophiles, sorry about the choppy recording. Will work on it.