We're joined by Phil Hawksworth to talk about the benefits of static sites as well as work through some of the objections people often have to using a static site in 2018.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 1:20 Guest introduction
- 2:45 JAM Stack
- 6:00 Building local files with fancy tools.
- 10:50 What about when you need a weather widget?
- 13:50 You don't have to run PHP on your site just to process a form or comments.
- 16:20 Performance gets a huge boost.
- 24:07 Running membership on a JAM Stack site.
- 27:47 Do I run a database for my job board?
- 35:00 Triggering a build for your site is ok.
- 40:30 Where does Netflify fit into this process?
- 43:00 AB Testing on a static site.
- 49:10 What if you absolutely need server side code?
- 57:00 Getting inspired to switch.
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.