This week we were joined by Noah Stokes, founder and partner of Bold (a web design studio) as well as a designer and front end coder with the best of them. Noah is also a professional newscaster, blogger‘, and speaker. We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- 22:03 How do you normally work with displaying fractions on sites?
- 26:48 Noah, what is it about ExpressionEngine that you like so much?
- 39:32 Icon fonts versus inline SVG. Go!
- 42:28 I have been researching layout approaches and the Golden Ratio seems to be a common standard. I am concerned that making the site responsive may break this “divine proportion”. What are your thoughts or strategies you use?
- 47:50 How do you plan for a conference? What do you plan, what do you take with you, and once you’re there how do you make the most of your time and your ticket?
- 54:29 What are professional designer and coder thoughts on the Adobe Tools and Services and especially Edge Code / Brackets?
- 46:36 Environments for Humans – The CSS Summit is an online conference focused totally on CSS July 23–25. Three full days of training, advanced topics, and preprocessors. Coupon code
SHOPTALKis good for 20% off.
- 37:15 DevTees http://devte.es
- Dev Tees is a collection of t-shirts and apparel for programmers, developers and generally nerdy folk.
- The inaugural line has 9 shirt designs, plus the original hacker t-shirt, and the code hoodie.