This week we were joined by Drew Wilson, a designer and developer (a true cross-bread powerhouse) out of Oceanside, California. Drew created the first widely popular icon font, Pictos. He is a conference organizer, producing ValioCon. He's the creator of web apps like Space Box and Dialoggs. The list goes on and on. We talk about (roughly in order):
Both Chris and Dave will be at the exellent In Control Conference in Orlando this February. Use coupon SHOPTALK for $100 off.
Interested in sponsoring?
- Drew and Josh Long wrote a new book called Execute (in 8 days)
- Chris decided BuiltItWithMe should get popular again
- The diversity at conferences drama hits a fever pitch
- Google Maps says they won't support Windows Phone 8, then retracts statement
- Windows Phone 8 meta viewport / @-ms-viewport debacle
- Follow up on RSI talk
- What is a good CDN for a personal website? Is there a free one? (CloudFlare)
- How do copyrights work on websites? Is putting the © somewhere on the site enough to protect it? Even the name?
- How do you allocate time to your side projects?
- Is there some magical listing of jobs that only shows remote work opportunities?
- Do we have any accessiblility tips?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.