It’s a RAPIDFire mixed with a rant-i-fire episode: A ShopTalk Rant™ on WordPress and Dave’s got a new computer. Also, how should you create responsive info-graphs and charts? Is there a way to web inspect canvas? Is Bootstrap accessible?
Q & A
- 11:00 I hate WordPress and every time you talk WordPress. I don’t hate it because of what it is but because of it’s role and side effects in the web industry. Shouldn’t we as web professionals be the guardians of our industry and try to push to the right direction? And what is the right direction?
- 23:45 There was a mention of Bootstrap being well adapted for a11y, so could you briefly elaborate on that please ?
- 28:00 “localhost.dev” was mentioned – what is that?
- 32:18 Dave’s new computertron.
- 50:10 I often see fun animations made with webGL and canvas, something I’m not super familiar with but would love to learn. Is there any way to reverse engineer these things?
- 54:20 I am building a set of dashboards using React to monitor chemical processes in one of the manufacturing plants I work with. I am finding it difficult to compress all the information and graphics without losing the detail and aesthetics I want to provide, especially for mobile devices.
- WP Migrate Pro
- Paypal Bootstrap Accessibility Plugin
- Linus’ Law
- ShopTalk Show Episode 181: The Catherdral and the Bazaar
- Apple October 2016 Keynote
- Surface Studio
- Benjamin Button Reviews the MacBook Pro
- Dave’s PC Partpicker List
- Shiffman on Youtube
ShopTalk Show Law Declarations
- There were no laws declared on this episode of ShopTalk Show.