If you're a developer who's struggled with design, you're going to love this episode! Laura Elizabeth stops by the show to talk about her course called Design Academy that teaches developers how to design better marketing sites.
Instantly know what's broken and why with Rollbar. Reduce time wasted debugging and automatically capture client and server-side errors. Rollbar detects when code breaks in real-time and provides the full stack trace and diagnostic data to help you defeat impactful errors. by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more.
HelloSign helps companies grow revenue faster by automating document workflows with a developer-friendly eSignature API that makes it simple to embed secure and legally binding eSignatures directly into any website. The API is always free during development with the option to self-sign up when purchasing a paid plan. Integrations go smoothly with help from tools like the API Dashboard. Developers can send a first API call in minutes and app certification is free. With in depth documentation, customizable features, and dashboard that makes your code easy to debug, you won't find an eSignature product with an easier path to implementation. Hellosign API: Everything IT requires and developers love. Note: the 33% off is for new users and business plans only.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 1:10 Guest introduction
- 7:45 Explaining Design Academy
- 13:20 Are you starting in an app or in HTML/CSS?
- 16:05 Dave's tooling and Sketch vs Photoshop vs ?
- 20:20 Sponsored by Rollbar
- 21:50 Are you focusing on marketing or app UI design as well?
- 25:20 Marketing sites are often an after thought.
- 29:15 A tool like Figma that allows for collaboration.
- 34:20 How do developers get started with design?
- 43:05 Sponsored by HelloSign
- 43:50 What things are resonating with developers who take the course?
- 49:50 How to make a template or resource work with your branding.
- 52:50 Where and how can folks follow Laura?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.