Chris Eppstein is back on the show to talk about his new project CSS Blocks and how it works, what kinds of projects it's best for, and how it integrates with other frameworks on the web.
Jetpack is a WordPress plugin that combines all sorts of powerful functionality into a single plugin. Here's a handful of things it can do:
- Secure and back up your site.
- Connect your social media accounts for easy publishing after posting.
- Enable Markdown and editing enhancements.
- Increase performance though CDN-hosted and responsive images and video.
Instantly know what's broken and why with Rollbar. Reduce time wasted debugging and automatically capture client and server-side errors. Rollbar detects when code breaks in real-time and provides the full stack trace and diagnostic data to help you defeat impactful errors. by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more. Get the Bootstrap Plan free.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 1:22 Guest introduction
- 3:02 GitHub Aquisition
- 13:42 What's CSS Blocks?
- 22:52 BEM and CSS Blocks
- 28:32 List of major features for CSS Blocks
- 33:22 Sponsored by Jetpack
- 35:12 Is every instance of a button called analyzed?
- 37:52 How does this work with Sass?
- 42:27 Sponsored by Rollbar
- 43:52 What kind of project does CSS Blocks work best for?
- 50:14 The downside to CSS Blocks is...
- 54:12 If you're shipping a bunch, do class names change randomly?
- 58:32 You can't use the not selector in CSS with CSS Blocks
- 1:04:52 What about Atomic CSS?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.