We're talking with our podcast editor, Chris Enns, all about how we put together ShopTalk Show episodes as well as some tips and advice on podcasting in general: what kind of equipment to buy, making money from podcasts, editing tips, and how do Chris and Dave prep for a ShopTalk Show episode? (Do they prep?)
GatherContent was born from first-hand experience of the stress associated with wrangling content for websites. Our founders ran a digital agency working on content-heavy projects. There were clear processes for design and development but it was content that often caused the chaos. They quickly realized they were not alone in their frustrations of content not being given the respect it deserves.
Built to solve an internal agency issue and now serving 1000s of teams worldwide, GatherContent is a online platform that helps teams organize and produce lots of content for websites.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:10 What does Chris Enns do?
- 4:40 Design of podcast sites has suffered and do people visit the website?
- 5:40 What do people do on a podcast website?
- 9:30 What's the zero cost gear to get started podcasting?
- 12:50 How ShopTalk records their conversations for the podcast.
- 16:20 Why would someone outsource the editing of their podcast?
- 17:50 What's the sub-$100 gear guide for podcasting?
- 23:00 What's the sub-$250 gear guide for podcasting?
- 26:15 What about the Blue Yeti?
- 30:00 Upgrading Chris Coyier's podcasting gear for under $1,000
- 39:55 How do I know if all this gear actually makes me sound good?
- 41:40 What we tell guests coming on ShopTalk Show.
- 47:20 How can I go about making money from podcasting?
- 52:01 Is it real money or gas money?
- 55:10 How ShopTalk hosts the MP3 and shares it with the world.
- 1:03:02 What is the editing process like for a podcast?
- 1:09:50 How do Chris and Dave prep for ShopTalk Show?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.