What's the most performant way to do snowflakes on your website? ShopTalkShow Smackdown - margin-top vs padding-bottom! Normalize, sanitize, and resets. What's up with jQuery? Can not using jQuery be slower? When do you use event modules? What should you mark up your pizza (site) with?
A Day of REST is the only conference dedicated to the WordPress REST API. With a one day conference and two days of workshops it's your opportunity to learn from the team building the REST API and developers using it in production. Topics include Authentication, React, Backbone, API best practices, and custom endpoints. Join us in Boston, for the one day conference on 9th March 2017, and sign up for a workshop on 8th and 10th March to sharpen your front-end skills in preparation for this powerful new WordPress feature. Sign up while early bird tickets are still available.
Typekit is the best way to get the fonts you need for all your creative projects. Designers have counted on us for years to serve beautiful type on the web, and Creative Cloud members continue to delight at learning how to sync fonts from Typekit to local applications. We've now expanded our offering substantially with Typekit Marketplace, which uses the same font sync and web hosting technologies to deliver an even broader range of fonts, with prices set by participating foundries. We're excited to see what you make with this. Browse the Marketplace and get ideas.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 4:07 I've been doing websites for a couple of years now but the thing I always find tricky is space handling (margin & padding). Do you have any recommendations on how to successfully organize CSS for spacing?
- 13:12 I'm curious what your CSS reset file consists of? Do you include a CCS reset on top of your base rules?
- 14:45 The Chris Coyier Reset
- 21:58 I personally work on some projects where Angular or Angular 2 is being used. Do you see jQuery making way for the JS frameworks or is this just a specific situation in which jQuery should not be used?
- 26:44 Dave mentioned that taking jQuery off of a site actually made the site load slower.
- 39:20 I am curious to hear about both of your experience with events modules. The concept seems really nice to me, but I'm not sure when is the right time to implement them. Should I get into a habit of using them?
- 49:45 I have never seen mark up like this and was wondering what your thoughts are? div>header>section>footer*30
- 1:06:09 I would appreciate your advice or tips on what to do, possibly what not to do, when applying for a job that's a senior position at my company?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.