A little follow up this week! We revisit some stuff we've talked about before, like Webpack, TypeScript, and the double-tap bug on iOS.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 1:45 Errs and omissions
- 10:30 Chris updates us on his desktop arrangement and Dave goes Window (get it? get it?) shopping.
- 20:00 iOS hover issue update.
- 32:40 I'm teaching myself React and I'm trying to get more practice working with APIs. My problem is I can't find very many high-quality public APIs out there. What can I do to get on with my life and just build websites?
- 37:40 Anyone used Adobe Xd for mock ups yet?
- 46:15 Utilizing best practices for HTML 5, what is the best way to format text to make it Bold or Italicized?
- 51:20 What aspects of security are a front end responsibility? I have heard of setting a Content Security Policy to protect against XSS attacks and that iframes and other HTML5 elements could be a liability, but getting a handle on this and understanding what is expected of me as a front end dev is difficult and I would love to hear your thoughts.
- 1:03:15 A statement in response to webpack and npm scripts.
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.