This week it's another RAPID-FIRE!!! Nothing but Thanksgiving turkey hangover and hot question and answer madness!
The best online learning resource. New courses are posted every single day. Check out some super great courses like:
- Audio & Music Production
- Logic Pro X
- InDesign Typography with Nigel French
- Writing for the Web with Chris Nodder
- Selling on the Amazon Marketplace with Peter Kent
- And so much more! Learn all the things! Get a free 7 day trial now!
Learn Rails, 30 minutes a day for 30 days. You’ll learn how to build a fully functional web app using:
- Ruby on Rails
- Command line
- Databases using SQLite
- S3 from Amazon Web Services
- Heroku - the popular web service used for getting your site live on the Internet
- We offer all students support: The best part is: if you get stuck, there's always someone there to help you out while you learn. (Yes, like, a real person.) Enrollment is typically $99, but if you join now you’ll get a one time discount of 25% off for joining, AND as always you’re helping support Shoptalk. Enroll now @ onemonth.com/shoptalk!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 3:12 I have had to do a bunch of horizontal scrolling sliders for work lately. These "sliders" always through me for a loop because I am working off comps I had no part in designing. How do I keep these sliders from freaking out when the browser is resized while they are partially scrolled, and what is the definitive best way to make these from a performance and UX stand point so that I can help our designers make better choices?
- 10:10 When it comes to responsive web design in WordPress, I find myself using a lot of modules in the Wordpress page editor to organize the sites content. Is there an easier way of doing this?
- 16:30 Have you ever used any prototyping tool like Fireworks or Sketch? If so, what is the best tool you've came across?
- 22:10 Where should I include the media queries for my responsive design in my CSS files?
- 35:07 What other podcasts do you listen to?
- 45:30 Why are some sites targeted by hackers more than others, especially automated attacks? Do web sites end up on target lists, or are the attacks just random?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.