This week we were joined by Sam Kapila. Sam teaches at Texas State University, focusing mainly on Responsive Web Design and Typography.
We’ve got a free eBook available with our Top 100 email campaigns, it’s a great dose of inspiration for 2014. We’re built for designers and agencies. To find out how you can rebrand and offer our service to your clients, at your own prices, check out campaignmonitor.com/agencies. Need to send an email campaign in a hurry? Try your hand at our template builder and have a responsive email template ready in 60 seconds.
Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web's most notable experts in and for an all-new, three-day online conference, the CSS Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop July 15-July 17, 2014 from 9AM to 4PM (CT). Use coupon code "SHOPTALKSHOW" for 20% off your ticket!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 12:50 What did you guys study in college? Would you change your mind if you could go back? What kinds of studies do you recommend or do not recommend, and can you share any experiences?
- 23:30 I’m not in a position at work where it’s practical/needed to get into Yeoman or Bower, even though I like to stay at the forefront of web trends. Am I becoming a dinosaur?
- 32:20 I created a website with a small app for a client, and now they want the source code for the app so another developer can work on it. What should I do?
- 36:05 I'm intrigued to use CSS Calc in my private projects (modern browsers) but am not sure about the performance. It’s not a big deal, but i’d love to know if it's a good thing to use, or should avoid it?
- 47:45 I really like the idea of embedding above-the-fold CSS in the head and including the rest at the bottom of the page. Do you see any drawbacks with this method?
- 57:04 How can I finally get started with contributing to open source projects?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.