This week it's another RAPIDFIRE!!! Nothing but HOT question & answer action.
Campaign Monitor makes it easy to attract new subscribers, send them beautiful email newsletters and see stunning reports on the results. We use it for our Shoptalk newsletter. Check out their free eBook available with their top 100 email campaigns, it's a great dose of inspiration for 2014.
The first conference devoted to CSS, the design language of the web, returns for its third year on October 13-15, 2014. This time to New Orleans! Tons of great speakers, including Chris Coyier, Rebecca Murphy, Dan Cedarholm, Estelle Way, Jonathan Snook, Rachal Nabors, and more! Go vote for your favorite talk, and pick up tickets today!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:25 With this trend of big background images and full with slider, which size of images do you recommend to have a balance between size and weight?
- 7:56 What's the best way to handle SVGs?
- 23:37 Why don't browsers just include various versions of jquery within the end user machine, loading it as they encounter usage?
- 27:36 You've mentioned Harvest as a tool for time-tracking and invoicing; are there any other tools you would suggest, specifically for expense tracking?
- 36:36 What do all of you think of Netflix disabling the developer console in Chrome? Will this become popular in the future? Is it unethical?
- 40:35 Inline-block grid systems won't render correctly in Safari 7. It works fine on Safari 6, ffox and Chrome but fails miserably on Safari 7. Any solutions or advice?
- 43:50 I have recently started to do some freelance web design, I am confident in my pricing however when writing up emails to a potential client giving them an estimate I feel that there is room for improvement. How does Dave/Paravel approach this, do you send some kind of template or something else?
- 54:37 I'm curious how you manage passwords when working with clients. How do you securely send passwords to clients?
- 59:19 I'm in my 40's and to be honest, agencies are looking for people on their 20's. Is this web design world a place for only youngsters?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.