This week we were joined by Nick Pettit, educator at Treehouse, an online learning platform.
Adobe believes that web standard technologies are the future for creative expression. They are addressing different parts of the web design process with fantastic tools like:
- Edge Animate (for creating animated, interactive content with HTML)
- Edge Reflow (for creating responsive designs)
- Edge Inspect (for previewing and inspecting web designs on devices)
- You can learn more at html.adobe.com/edge.
The best conference for learning all about RWD. A 3 day online-conference (April 1,2,3) featuring talks by Tim Kadlec, Tammy Everts, Jenn Lukas, Dave Rupert, Dan Mall, Matt Griffin and more. Get your tickets now! And remember to save 20% any kind of ticket with coupon code SHOPTALKSHOW.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 17:25 Correction regarding Drupal and 1000 script/style files.
- 20:10 Github releases Atom, a hackable text editor
- 23:29 I'm curious about making the shift from HTML, CSS, jQuery, Wordpress development to Full Stack JS. It seems the front end world is making a huge shift in that direction, and I thought it would be a good career move for me to do one of these 8 week bootcamps to get me started. What do you guys think?
- 39:15 I've been learning Ruby for the past 2 months and have now started learning Rails v4. My problem: I'm using Treehouse and they use Rails 3. What kind of issues should expect?
- 46:08 This summer I'll start trying to find some paid projects to do and I was wondering: what is best way to get the client set up with hosting and domain?
- 50:47 I would love for you guys to talk a little bit about Content Editable. I work on the project Barley and have learned a lot about CE over the past year and it has been a painful process. There is not many resources out there so it has been mostly trial and error.
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.