067: With Pam Selle
This week we were joined by Pam Selle, a full stack developer in many languages and all around hacker from Philly. Pam works at AxisPhilly, teaches for GirlDevelopIt, and blogs at The Webivore. We talk about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- 1:50 Introducing Pam Selle
- 2:45 Pam's day job: Axis Philly
- 4:00 Girl Develop It
- 8:37 Civic Hacking Video
- 12:58 Recruiters. What on earth do these people do for a living?
- 15:40 Opinions about the use of :hover related to drop down menus
- 22:57 I'm new to hackathons and not super great at code, what should I expect? Can I still get anything out of it or contribute?
- 31:04 Client side templating vs server side templating: what are the differences and benefits?
- 39:17 Resets vs Normalize (and frameworks)
- 47:30 Problems with jQuery on a CDN
- 53:57 Trying to put together a standard HTML/CSS/jQuery Framework - is it OK to mix bits and pieces of different pre-existing frameworks?
- 59:15 "I fixed up my old site (which had tables) with newer code, but my site visitors still see half of the old code. Help!"