We start off on the magazine rack at the airport, move into AI and Machine Learning, refactoring a pattern library, Dave's working on his TODO's, and Chris enjoys Notion. Plus your questions about attr(), static HTML inside WordPress, cross browser testing, email data, rems vs pixels, and polite CTA popups.
One Month’s online courses can help you become a web developer, level up your career, or make a mark on the world. One Month was started by two Columbia University professors whose lives both changed when they taught themselves to code.
Your homework gets graded by a real person every week. And if you have questions, or get stuck at any time One Month support is there to help you. Over 70,000 students - including dev teams at Google, Stripe, Razorfish, Bloomberg and Facebook - have taken One Month’s courses.
Right now, ShopTalk listeners get a special 25% on all One Month courses. Enroll today!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 22:20 Using attr() to access and use a data attribute value is limited to the context of "content". I can't use it to load different background images in a media query. Why can't we do this yet, when do you think we will be able to do this?
- 34:10 How can I use a static HTML page as my homepage with WordPress?
- 39:25 What's the cheapest and best way to do cross browser testing, mainly the IE's, when launching a new site?
- 43:20 I want to create an internal web app that will go through emails and pull the data out and place them into form fields and also perform logic based on what is in those fields. How would you approach the task of going through the emails?
- 50:30 What are your thoughts on relative vs. absolute units, and what are some good ways to make a convincing case for relative ones?
- 55:30 How do we not destroy the internet with CTA popups?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.