What do you need to consider when selling ads on your website? Inability to control your workflow? What is agile development exactly? When do you change a website or when should you redesign it? APIs for connecting all the things together. What should you name your thing? All this and more on this episode of ShopTalk!
Q & A
- 3:30 What are your views regarding code layout, variable names (specifically abbreviations) and general maintainability type things?
- 13:30 I’m working with a client who would like to have a post type, on their WordPress site, that lists their Live videos from their Facebook Page.
- 19:45 Have you ever felt bad about a website you have designed when it’s too late to fix?
- 30:45 Agile Development seems to be pretty standard practice in web/software development. I was wondering though if you both could share your experiences with it. Do you think it will continue to be popular, or are there pitfalls it doesn’t address?
- 42:08 We are essentially stuck with working in a 2012 web development environment (#CowboyCoding) because we have people in other departments who work on the websites we build and maintain that are not technically savvy enough to work locally and then push changes to the live server.
- 49:00 I’m the front end dev for a content site that’s about to start selling and serving it’s own ads. Do you have any pointers for me?
- WordPress Plugin: Facebook Video Embed
- Agile Methodology
- Thoughts on the Advertising Ecosystem
- Discussion Around Ad Blocking
- Sponsored Posts on CSS Tricks
- Dave’s Global Defense
Sign up for CodePen Pro and get awesome features like Collab mode, professor mode, live view, plus listen to this episode for a special offer for CodePen Pro account holders from Chris if you’re looking to hire an employee.