This week we’re joined by Tom Dale. Tom is a former Apple software engineer who worked on MobileMe and iCloud. He also helped create Ember.js and co-founded Tilde.io with Yehuda Katz.
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 58:07 How did you get started in open source software? What’s the best advice you have for encouraging others to get started as well, namely designers, writers, etc?
- 24:28 E4H: Responsive Web Design Summit – Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web’s most notable experts in responsive web design and web performance for an all-new, three-day online conference, the RWD Summit 2015! Bring the experts to your desktop March 10-March 12, 2015 from 9AM to 4PM (CT)
Now that the growth of the mobile Web has outpaced the desktop, Web designers and developers are at a crossroads. The race to keep up with every new device dimension and interface could easily dwarf the pain of dealing with browser quirks, but only if we let it! Take a day to discover the newest Responsive Web Design techniques and change the way you build the Web.
Use coupon code SHOPTALK for 20% off your ticket!
Check out some super great courses like:
- Audio & Music Production
- Logic Pro X
- InDesign Typography with Nigel French
- Writing for the Web with Chris Nodder
- Selling on the Amazon Marketplace with Peter Kent
And so much more! Learn everything you need to know to be a great developer! Get a free 10 day trial now!
- Tom Dale
- Tom Dale on Twitter
- Yehuda Katz
- Ember Inspecter Extension
- Brandon Hays – Tame the Big Ball o’ Mud
- The Frontside Podcast
- Why there’s no Rails Inc. – DHH
- Dan Webb
- New Relic
If you’re enjoying our show, please take a minute to leave us a review in iTunes. We really appreciate it, and thanks to everyone who has already left a review!