Another CROSSOVER episode! This time the business detectives over at the BizCraft show (Gene Crawford and Carl Smith) join us to solve the toughest unsolved mysteries on the modern web. Translation: we hang out with Gene and Carl and do some Q&A. Both of these fellas run their own little web empires doing client work. Carl runs nGen Works and Gene runs Period Three. We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- How do you get a job working remotely?
- How do you handle a client overage right before launch time?
- How do you deal with charging for time when you get super into a project and spend way more hours on it than you could charge for it?
- Local SEO went down, international SEO went up. What up with that?
- I’m not feeling my own portfolio, how can I get a job?
- Should we always be learning new design techniques like we learn coding techniques?
- What is the proper usage of ems? (Why Ems?)
- Lynda.com – Over 77,000 video based tutorials on design, programming, photography, animation, and much more. Get 7 days free with that link.
- Enviornments for Humans – Upcoming back-toi-back conferences in Honolulu, Hawaii! InControl and CSS Dev Conf
More Gene and Carl