This week we were joined by Jeremy Keith, long time super genius. Jeremy works at Clearleft in what he dubs the Research & Development arm. He built Huffduffer, wrote HTML5 for Web Designers (amongst other books), and is an all around swell chap from Brighton, UK. We talk about (roughly in order):
- (21:50) Crowd Favorite is hiring.
- (23:40) Jen Simmons & Eric Meyer are creating The Web Behind.
- (27:46) Clearleft is too.
Q & A
- (10:08), (28:48) Why is there no <main> element? And the Scooby-Doo algorithm.
- (31:40) HTML5 has a bunch of stuff in it to benefit everybody… except developers?
- (40:30) Is mobile first design hindering creativity?
- (51:40) Will HTML5 mobile apps ever be as efficient as Native apps? Is that the right question?
- (51:40) Bonus CSS riddle.
- (38:20) Squarespace – A web app for building powerful and beautiful websites. Use coupon SHOPTALK9 for 10% off any purchase.
- (49:40) Environments for Humans – Upcoming conferences include three back-to-back online conferences: Accessibility Summit, UX Web Summit, and the Content Strategy Summit. Use coupon code SHOPTALK for 20% off.