This week we were joined by Jeremy Keith, long time super genius. Jeremy works at Clearleft in what he dubs the Research & Development arm. He built Huffduffer, wrote HTML5 for Web Designers (amongst other books), and is an all around swell chap from Brighton, UK. We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- Why is there no <main> element? And the Scooby-Doo algorithm.
- HTML5 has a bunch of stuff in it to benefit everybody… except developers?
- Is mobile first design hindering creativity?
- Will HTML5 mobile apps ever be as efficient as Native apps? Is that the right question?
- Squarespace – A web app for building powerful and beautiful websites. Use coupon SHOPTALK9 for 10% off any purchase.
- Environments for Humans – Upcoming conferences include three back-to-back online conferences: Accessibility Summit, UX Web Summit, and the Content Strategy Summit. Use coupon code SHOPTALK for 20% off.