Monica Dinculescu is an Emojineer at Google and we talk with her about the state of front-end development, knowing what you're bad at vs what you're good at, and coming up with a better analogy for it all.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 01:11 Guest introductions
- 02:45 Quilting with the long arm
- 04:20 Are we close to Dave's beatboxing robot dream?
- 06:08 Do you identify as a front end developer?
- 13:47 Knowing what you're bad at vs what you specialize in
- 16:49 Are we using the wrong analogy?
- 18:16 How much does NPM matter?
- 21:43 Sponsor: Sanity
- 23:40 How would you build your dream project and team?
- 28:32 Fixing things only to end up back where you started
- 30:46 What do you find is the most challenging about front end?
- 40:12 What are you willing to fight for?
- 46:12 Do we end up in optimize to delete?
- 50:58 Any hiring advice?
- 53:25 Dribbble #1 Progress board
- 54:35 Dribbble #2 Tracking dashboard
- 55:43 Dribbble #3 Codrops demo
- 57:43 Dribbble #4 Mobile homepage
- 58:34 Dribbble #5 Shortstache 2
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.