Elliot Condon stops by the show to talk about his WordPress plugin, Advanced Custom Fields. We talk about his development process, modern WordPress dev workflows, and how Gutenburg will affect plugins like ACF.
Instantly know what's broken and why with Rollbar. Reduce time wasted debugging and automatically capture client and server-side errors. Rollbar detects when code breaks in real-time and provides the full stack trace and diagnostic data to help you defeat impactful errors. by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more. Get the Bootstrap Plan free.
WooCommerce is WordPress plugin that brings eCommerce to your WordPress sites. It's unique in its customizability and flexability. You can use it to sell physical products, digital downloads, memberships, services, and tickets, plus offer customers lots of different ways to pay, including things like Apple Pay and Bitcoin powered by Stripe.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 1:20 Who is Elliot Condon?
- 3:20 What is Advanced Custom Fields?
- 4:50 How ShopTalk Show uses custom fields.
- 10:30 What was the development process like and how do you handle feature requests for ACF?
- 14:30 Shouldn't ACF just be part of WordPress?
- 16:10 How have you avoided technical debt?
- 20:05 Sponsored by Rollbar
- 21:15 The business side of WordPress plugin development.
- 25:29 What are the pro WordPress developers using for a workflow these days?
- 37:40 Sponsored by WooCommerce
- 39:30 What about Gutenberg?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.