We're talking with two content strategy experts, Ellen de Vries and Robert Mills, about the wide world of content strategy. Or is that even the right word? Ellen has just released a book (published by Gather Content, where Robert is also a content strategist) in which she doesn't even use those two words together.
One Month’s online courses can help you become a web developer, level up your career, or make a mark on the world. One Month was started by two Columbia University professors whose lives both changed when they taught themselves to code.
Your homework gets graded by a real person every week. And if you have questions, or get stuck at any time One Month support is there to help you. Over 70,000 students - including dev teams at Google, Stripe, Razorfish, Bloomberg and Facebook - have taken One Month’s courses.
Right now, Shop Talk listeners get a special 25% on all One Month courses. Enroll today!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 6:00 Ellen talks about the book
- 8:07 What is content strategy?
- 12:28 Have you had to make a pitch for content strategy with a client?
- 15:30 Is there a playbook for content strategy?
- 18:50 Do only large companies have a need for content strategy?
- 19:35 How do you figure out who your audience is?
- 25:30 How could a podcast use content strategy?
- 34:00 How do you change your content strategy midstream?
- 46:10 Do you take into account error messages and other messaging within content strategy?
- 51:11 What is Gather Content?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.