Coding like it's 1999 - or is it? We're talking email design and development. What's the tooling stack? What are the crazy things you can do inside HTML email in 2017?
GatherContent was born from first-hand experience of the stress associated with wrangling content for websites. Our founders ran a digital agency working on content-heavy projects. There were clear processes for design and development but it was content that often caused the chaos. They quickly realised they were not alone in their frustrations of content not being given the respect it deserves.
Built to solve an internal agency issue and now serving 1000s of teams worldwide, GatherContent is a online platform that helps teams organise and produce lots of content for websites.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 6:20 Is email still front end dev? Like it's 1999?
- 10:00 What do webkit based clients strip out from HTMl?
- 11:30 Walking through creating a cool design for a client.
- 17:25 Should I start in the Litmus builder or in a code editor?
- 27:18 Chris gets some questions answered about CodePen Spark.
- 28:30 Do we talk about performance in email?
- 32:10 Are pattern libraries a thing in the email world?
- 35:45 Do we still have to inline styles?
- 40:00 What are the toolsets for building crazy stuff inside email?
- 46:50 Is email like the web where someone does something cool and then everyone copies it?
- 48:35 Is email still an important thing? Is it here to stay?
- 52:55 Chris' email template idea for the world.
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.