It's RAPIDFIRE time. We're answering your questions about things like certifications from courses, selling a downloadable file, EMS vs REMS, single page sites, static site generators, the best online forms, git branches, and icons fonts.
One of the frustrating things about being a developer, is dealing with errors. :cry:
- Relying on users to report errors
- Digging thru log files trying to debug issues
- Or a million alerts flooding your inbox ruining your day
Rollbar's full-stack error monitoring, gives you the context, insights and control you need to find and fix bugs faster. Rollbar works with all major languages & frameworks. It's easy to install. Start tracking errors in 8 mins.
❤ by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more.
Go to rollbar.com/shoptalkshow and get the Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 3:06 I'm curious as to what percentage of successful designer/developers actually take certifications or if they're simply self-taught to be awesome? Since you guys seem to be at the top of your game, your thoughts and your recommendations for certification courses?
- 8:26 What service would you recommend for allowing people to pay to download a file?
- 12:54 My question for you is EMS vs REMS which one should I be using?
- 21:30 I am a big fan of static site generators. I have been hearing a lot about them. I have heard less, however, about flat-file CMS's, but am curious about them. Have you tried any of them? What did you think?
- 28:25 What are some services you recommend for online forms? Is there a better WordPress plugin? Or maybe a third party service that is easy to integrate?
- 31:33 When should you delete git branches. Should you delete them right after the change/fix/added feature is merged with master?
- 35:40 Is it a bad idea to add direct descendant selectors (>) when they are not needed?
- 39:40 What are the most important items to include in a web audit for clients who aren’t web professionals?
- 46:35 I am trying to target my links in my CSS but they are being overridden by a User Agent Stylesheet. Any advice and info would be much appreciated.
- 52:25 Back when I used icon fonts, I could easily use icons in CSS in something like a ::before element simply by setting the font-family to the icon font and pasting the unicode icon in content:””. Is there a way to use these SVGs icons like that?