Stacy Kvernmo, Senior UX Designer at [Collegis Education](http://collegiseducation.com), is on the show to help us answer questions about lazy loading, fine-tuning WordPress' dashboard, starter themes for WordPress, ways to work more efficiently, and how to handle tough work situations while trying to build websites.
Challenge yourself to learn something new with a free 10-day trial to lynda.com!
Check out some super great courses like:
- lllustrator CC for Web Design: Wireframing
- Android Studio Essential Training
- Up and Running with Java
- Bootstrap Layouts: Responsive Single-Page Design
- Localization for Developers
- Up and Running with Android Wear
- Growth Hacking Fundamentals
Whether you want to set new financial goals, find work/life balance, invest in a new hobby, ask your boss for a raise, find a new job or improve upon your current job skills in 2015, lynda.com has something for everyone! Get a free 10 day trial now!
- January 21, 2016
- Immerse yourself in a distinct, in-depth educational experience delivered by some of the top minds designing with SVG!
- Be able to ask questions directly to the presenters.
- Interaction with the instructor and fellow attendees
- Real time Q&A sessions
- Participants receive live online training + video
Interested in sponsoring?
- 27:00 I work in a shop where widows and orphans are despised. I can dig it. It looks a little better to have a few more words wrap to the next line. Generally in this case I am asked to code a line break for mobile so I will put in a br with media query rules applied.
- 31:10 What are some lazy loading best practices?
- 36:08 Do you have tried and true plugins or different strategies for fine-tuning the WordPress dashboard?
- 43:17 I am looking for a new starting point to build my sites on. I think I am not skilled enough to roll my own theme and build everything from the ground up. I have use roots.io in the past, but this has grown to something that I don’t understand anymore. I know there are a few frameworks out there, but what do you guys recommend?
- 51:20 I often find myself fussing over small design details, refactoring code (to do things the "right" way), or just spending too long trying to figure something out. Do you have any tips for working more effectively and efficiently?
- 56:50 I try to teach and explain why certain designs will not work on the web, but if it doesn’t look exactly the same as on his/her Apple Retina Cinema display on Safari then it’s wrong. It drive me mad that I can’t have a good working relationship and work together to build awesome websites. Can you give any advice from previous experiences on how you would approach this situation?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.