Drew McLellan is on this week to talk about Perch - the CMS built for web professionals - and the upcoming 24Ways.
This episode of Shop Talk is brought to you by Braintree. Code for easy online payments. If you’re building a mobile app and searching for a simple payments solution, check out Braintree.
The Braintree v dot zero SDK makes it easy to offer multiple mobile payment types. Start accepting PayPal, Apple Pay, Bitcoin, Venom, cards, and more— all with a single integration.
Perch CMS Summit is a virtual, live conference that celebrates the lightweight, user-friendly PHP content management system. Spend a day with the Perch CMS team to learn tips and tricks, templating ideas, Q+A with the Perch CMS team and much more. If you register now, use code SHOPTALK to get $10 off.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 30:40 What was the hardest thing about turning Perch into a steady income stream, what you did to overcome it and what tips would you have for someone that wants to start a side project, but doesn’t even have an idea yet?
- 35:10 As an agency, a lot of our sites are too image heavy and it is hurting performance for mobile. What is the best practice for responsive images as content (not background images)?
- 39:00 Picture having to format every single page, paragraph, roll over, drop down, chart, graph; basically anything with text as a separate PSD file/layer comp. Am I alone thinking that this method of content development insane? Or, is this a lot more common than I think?
- 45:50 I’m looking to catch up with the times and use Github in my workflow for client projects, but I don’t really know how I should actually use it. Like should I create a separate repo for each client? Or should I make one repo and have multiple folders or branches, since Github only allows a set amount of private repos?
- 55:28 I am a developer for a site with a community of 200 000+ users. We have decided that we want to migrate to a sparkly new modern system! What software/system should we migrate to?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.