This week we were joined by Rob Dodson. Rob works on Polymer at Google. True Facts. We take a deep dive with him into Polymer and Web Components.
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 39:58 What would you say are the advantages of polymer over angular directives?
- 46:40 Is it possible to use Polymer with Phonegap?
- 49:09 When working on a project with a team, using Git and SASS, what does your guys folder structure and workflow look like?
- 24:22 SpeedCurve – Monitor front-end performance. Get continuous feedback on how your front-end code is affecting the performance of your website.
44:50 E4H – FrontEnd Summit – Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web’s most notable experts in FrontEnd for an all-new, one-day only online conference, the FrontEnd Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop August 21st from 9AM to 4PM (CT). Lots of great talks including: Sublime, Vim Editors FTW, Fearless Browser Test Automation, The State of Grunt, and more! Get your tickets now!
Use coupon code “SHOPTALK” for 20% off any ticket combo.
- Rob Dodson’s Website
- Rob Dodson on Twitter
- A Guide to Web Components
- Intro to Material Design
- Responsive Design Speed Testing
- Chrome Status
- Angular Directives
- Google Web Fundamentals