The new WordPress editor, codenamed Gutenberg, has people excited and nervous about what's going to happen to their WordPress sites. We've got 2 Automatticians who are working on the Gutenberg project to help answer some of the questions swirling around this big change.
DADI is a global decentralized cloud services platform, built using blockchain technology. It is designed to bring the balance of computational power back to the people – a network collectively owned by its users, and offering substantially cheaper services than those offered by the big tech companies.
Register now for the DADI Crowdsale.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 1:11 Introduction of Gutenberg
- 4:00 What is Gutenberg and why is it a big deal?
- 6:50 Why might some folks not be a fan of Gutenberg?
- 12:00 Why is Automattic trying to kill WordPress?
- 16:30 Dave mouthblogs the new interface.
- 20:00 Content blocks are starting to show up everywhere.
- 23:05 Use case for working with clients and Gutenberg.
- 27:00 The same CSS on the front end will also work on the back end?
- 28:20 Is theming now governed by the WordPress backend?
- 30:38 A Gutenberg block is more than just PHP - it's very React-y
- 35:30 So what ends up in the database?
- 42:00 Using an HTML block lets you preview inline.
- 42:50 What about header blocks?
- 44:10 What about pre tag blocks for code embeds?
- 46:00 How will images be handled in Gutenberg?
- 49:22 Collaborative editing is coming to Gutenberg
- 50:33 Can we rename Gutenberg or is it too late?
- 53:20 What do you hope people will use Gutenberg for?
- 58:30 Business opportunity for people.
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.