It’s conference season and we’ve Una Kravets and Krystal Higgins from An Event Apart Seattle on to talk about how they got into their “things” – the stuff they talk about, why they picked that topic, what to do if other people hop on your thing, and ideas to start giving talks at conferences.
Jump to a discussion on…
- 9:10 Summary of Krystal’s talk “Onboarding for Any Situation” talk at An Event Apart Seattle
- 14:10 How did Krystal learn about onboarding and dive in to it?
- 17:20 Can a good app still survive even with bad onboarding?
- 19:10 Dave walks into a bar and signs up for Snapchat.
- 22:01 How do you rate a good or bad onboarding experience?
- 26:30 How do you get invited to talk at conferences?
- 33:40 How does Krystal’s involvement with Android Wear relate to on-boarding?
- 35:30 Chris tries on a HTC Vive
- 44:01 What happens if somebody starts treading on your thing?
- 47:40 If too many people have the same thing, does it create too much noise around it?
- 50:50 What if no one is interested in your thing?
- 52:07 3 things to look for in a conference talk.
- 55:05 Chris’ low-fi way to test out a talk idea.
- Una Kravets / @una on Twitter / Una on GitHub
- Krystal Higgins / @kryshiggins on Twitter
- Krystal’s Etsy Shop
- An Event Apart Seattle
- DaveRupert.com: My PocketCHIP
- Title Brush
- CSS Dev Conf
One of the frustrating things about being a developer, is dealing with errors. 😥
- Relying on users to report errors
- Digging thru log files trying to debug issues
- Or a million alerts flooding your inbox ruining your day
Rollbar’s full-stack error monitoring, gives you the context, insights and control you need to find and fix bugs faster. Rollbar works with all major languages & frameworks. It’s easy to install. Start tracking errors in 8 mins.
❤ by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more.
Go to rollbar.com/shoptalkshow and get the Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days.
CodePen PRO unlocks teams – Teams are a way to work together on CodePen.
People who are on the same team have shared access to CodePen in a way that allows you to work together better.
- Everyone can create and edit Team Pens.
- Everyone can upload and access Assets.
- Everyone can curate Collections.
- Everyone can see and manage Private Pens/Posts/Collections.
Teams have shared billing and are managed by an owner. The Team itself has all the PRO features on CodePen. That means the Team can do things like upload Assets, use views like Collab, Professor, Presentation, and Live View, and apply custom CSS to Posts, Profiles, and Embeds.