Getting AMP’d with AMP. We’re going to talk about the #hotdrama about AMP with a couple of AMP experts.
Jump to a discussion on…
- 1:06 What is AMP?
- 9:37 What problems is AMP trying to solve?
- 15:15 AMP is a wake up call but also a stop-gap solution.
- 16:35 A lot of people consider AMP an enemy to the web.
- 18:20 Is AMP a Google product?
- 21:20 How do you land on an AMP page from a UX perspective?
- 23:40 Articles written against AMP pages.
- 32:20 What do you do when you work on AMP pages locally?
- 33:02 Why does the AMP image tag exist?
- 37:00 I’m on AMP sites and images below the fold never load?
- 40:01 Publishers live and die by ads.
- 43:20 Does AMP have a bias towards Google properties? i.e. AMP YouTube
- 47:30 What’s the benefit for a developer doing a Google AMP site? Are developers punished for not doing a Google AMP site?
- 55:50 Using AMP vs Facebook Instant Articles vs Apple News – all just forms of syndication?
- 1:00:02 What makes a good AMP site?
- 1:02:25 Issues with plugins and CMS’ and AMP.
- 1:03:03 Could we be wrong betting it all on AMP?
- Barb Palser
- Relay Media
- Paul Bakaus / @pbakaus
- 10 Misconceptions about AMP
- Daring Fireball: Why Publish AMP Pages?
- 80×24: The Problem With AMP
- AMP Conf March 7/8 in NYC.
One of the frustrating things about being a developer, is dealing with errors. 😥
- Relying on users to report errors
- Digging thru log files trying to debug issues
- Or a million alerts flooding your inbox ruining your day
Rollbar’s full-stack error monitoring, gives you the context, insights and control you need to find and fix bugs faster. Rollbar works with all major languages & frameworks. It’s easy to install. Start tracking errors in 8 mins.
❤ by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more.
Go to rollbar.com/shoptalkshow and get the Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days.
CodePen Radio is a podcast that talks about running a business on the web.