We're answering your questions this week: junk CSS? Tombstones? What's happening with HTML imports? Storing data in Jekyll? SVG animation struggles? Managing CSS across teams? These questions and a few more are all answered. Plus! Dave brings up the A Book Apart elephant in the room!
Why make payment integration more difficult than it has to be? Braintree’s powerful full stack payment platform allows you to accept nearly any type of payment from any device with just one integration.
It’s flexible to your system’s needs and supports most programming languages. So whether you’re using Java, Ruby, or Python, you’ll always have a range of server-side and client-side SDKs available.
Braintree makes payments, and your job, a whole lot easier.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:36 I hear a lot of React but nothing about Hack and XHP. Why do you think that is?
- 9:45 I use DeplyHQ as my deployment service, which is connected to all my project's repos. If there is no CSS file in my repo, how can it be deployed?
- 12:55 What's the best method for storing and working with simple, static, non-post data in a Jekyll site?
- 18:21 Should I put links to my website in the footer of my clients' websites?
- 22:20 How do pseudo elements work? I mean, I know how to use them and what the visual end result is, but how do they actually WORK? If they're not a part of the DOM, what are they?
- 27:18 I was wondering if you guys have been taking advantage of HTML imports, any pros and cons you've seen and also if imports can be used within the body of a doc or ONLY in the header?
- 38:21 I was wondering what your thoughts on content "Tombstones" are - that's what google calls them - I've seen these around in web apps and think they're an interesting way to act as placeholders for content that hasn't been rendered yet.
- 45:15 I have been trying to learn how to add animations and transitions to my sites, but I'm struggling to find any useful tutorials on not only how to animate, but how to add these to my sites, so they not only play, but play only when visible, are loaded and at the right time.
- 51:00 What is the best practice for keeping the CSS/LESS manageable across teams?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.