Now you can attend one of the best CSS and Sass events no matter where you are in the world! Bringing the experts to your desktop, the CSS Summit is the online conference that improves your workflow while inspiring your work.
Virtual conference, The CSS Summit, returns for three days July 7-9 — with speakers from the Sass team, Adobe, Google, IBM, Sparkbox, talking about CSS (of course), but also designing with SVG, utilizing Sass, Angular, and much more.
As part of registration, you get recordings of each session so you can refer back to them later — which is great if you miss a session or a day.
The first 20 people to use discount code SHOPTALK50 get 50% off a 3-day individual ticket, which includes recording. Act fast to get your tickets as once these 20 tickets are gone, they are gone!
This episode is brought to you by lynda.com, the online learning platform with over 3,000 on-demand video courses to help you strengthen your business, technology, and creative skills.
Check out some super great courses like:
- Illustrator CC for Web Design: Wireframing
- Android Studio Essential Training
- Up and Running with Java
- Bootstrap Layouts: Responsive Single-Page Design
- Localization for Developers
- Up and Running with Android Wear
- Growth Hacking Fundamentals
- xCode 6 Courses:
- Swift Programming Language First Look
iOS App Development with Swift Essential Training
Your lynda.com membership will give you unlimited access to training on hundreds of topics--all for one flat rate. Whether you’re looking to become an industry expert, you’re passionate about a hobby, or you just want to learn something new, visit lynda.com/shoptalk and sign up for your FREE 10-day trial.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 17:45 What do you think about Unsuck the Web?
- 26:41 New Theme Song! Thanks, Chris Taylor!
- 26:58 Our podcast editor, Aaron Dowd, started a podcast to help you learn how to podcast.
- 53:13 I am currently in the navy as an aviation electronics technician. I am separating form the navy and plan to go to jr. college in the fall. Over the years I’ve developed a fascination over A.I./machine learning, however I originally joined the navy to use the G.I. bill to go to school for graphic design / web design. If I learn web design during school, would that knowledge benefit towards skills used for A.I., or would it be time better spent learning the languages needed for A.I.?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.